Here’s my foolproof way to cook the perfect steak in your kitchen.
1. Take your steak out of the freezer 3 to 5 days before you will cook it and let it thaw in the fridge.
2. Remove from fridge one hour before cooking.
2. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Season both sides of steak with salt and pepper.
4. Bake in oven on a pan or cookie sheet until the internal temperature is 125 degrees Fahrenheit. (Easiest way to do this without having to check frequently is with a probe thermometer that has an alarm.)
5. Remove steak from oven and heat a cast iron pan up as hot as you can.
6. Put a THIN layer of beef tallow or ghee in the bottom of the pan.
7. Sear the steak 1 minute per side.
8. Rest the steak for 5 to 10 minutes.
This is actually one of the easiest ways to cook a tender tasty steak. Because you are cooking it low and slow, the steak stays tender. Because the outside of the steak has little moisture on it after baking, you get an excellent sear very quickly which does not heat up the inside of the steak very much, preventing the steak from getting tough.
Your steak will be tender, juicy and tasty.