Why is liver so healthy? It’s packed full of Pre-formed Vitamin A (Retinol), iron, copper, b vitamins, zinc and more!
I wanted to share the liver recipe I currently use every week to make liver for my family.
- 1 Pound bacon
- 2 large onions
- 1 Pound 100% grass-fed beef liver
- 1 Cup water
- 1/2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice or Lime Juice
- 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Teaspoons salt
- Cut bacon strips into 1 inch wide pieces and place in refrigerator.
- Slice onions 1/4″ wide and place in refrigerator
- Trim liver membrane and discard. (This is the tough membrane on the outside)
- Slice liver into 1/2″ x 1/2″ strips.
- Rinse strips of liver under cold water and place in small bowl.
- Add water and lemon juice to bowl and stir, place in fridge.
- Optional: Let liver soak for up to 8 Hours.
- Remove all ingredients from refrigerator.
- Cook bacon in pan or cast iron skillet on medium
- Place bacon in mesh strainer and drain bacon grease into skillet.
- Set bacon aside in small kettle (I usually keep this kettle near the skillet to keep it warm).
- Cook onions in bacon grease over medium heat until soft and caramelized.
- Place onions in mesh strainer and drain bacon grease into skillet.
- Drain liver with strainer and pat dry with paper towel.
- In a small bowl mix flour and salt.
- Add pieces of liver to flour mixture and toss till coated.
- Heat skillet with bacon grease to medium.
- Place strips of liver in skillet to fry for about 1 minute per or until browned (should still be pink in the middle)
- Remove from pan and add to onions and bacon.
- Serve and Enjoy! Tasty and Nourishing.