It’s that time of year again. We are accepting deposits to reserve our grass-fed beef!
We are selling wholes, halves and quarters. Our 2018 bulk beef is estimated to be available for pickup November 7 – November 28 2018.
You may be aware of the many reasons to purchase grass-fed beef in bulk. Here are some reasons to buy beef from us:
- Availability: many local farmers have waiting lists.
- Our cattle are grass-fed and finished. Learn More
- Clean eating: we do not spray our pastures.
- Diversity of forage: our cattle get access to a wide diversity of pasture plants for maximum nutrition.
- Great price! Save money by buying in bulk.
- Cattle raised on grass are environmentally friendly. Learn More
- Easy ordering and payment: you pay for the packaged product you receive and there are no additional butchering costs.
What will be included in my bulk beef purchase?
We have standardized the cuts in order to make the ordering process as easy as possible. Your purchase will include steaks (Delmonico, New York Strip, Filet Mignon, *Petite Tender, Sirloin, *Flank, Flat Iron, Top Round, London Broil, Chuck Eye and *Skirt), short ribs, brisket, roasts (Chuck, Rump and Sirloin Tip), Chip Steak, Hamburger Patties and ground beef.
Orders will not include the following organs unless requested: Liver, Heart, Tongue.
*These cuts only available on whole and half purchases.
How much beef will I receive?
Here are our estimated weights of product you receive. We will cap your total cost at the high end of these estimates even if you end up receiving more beef.
- Whole beef – 400 to 500 Pounds
- Half beef – 200 to 250 Pounds
- Quarter beef – 100 to 125 Pounds
What is the cost of your beef?
We want to keep the cost of our beef very simple. You pay by the pound of actual packaged meat.
- Whole beef – $5.99/lb. (estimated total cost $2,396 – $2,995)
- Half beef – $6.49/lb. (estimated total cost $1298-$1633)
- Quarter beef – $6.99/lb. (estimated total cost $699-$874)
We will cap your total cost at the top of the estimated range, even if you receive extra beef for free. 🙂
When will our beef be available for pickup?
The estimated dates for pickup are November 7 – November 28 2018. You will receive a call when your order is ready, and you will then have fourteen days to pick up your beef. Order pickup is at Smuckers Meats, a USDA-certified processing facility located at 735 Pinkerton Rd, Mount Joy, PA 17552.
How can I reserve my beef?
To reserve your beef, pay a deposit on our website securely with debit or credit. If you prefer to pay by check, contact us. Your deposit will go toward the total cost of your beef. Click on a link below to reserve your beef.
When is my balance due?
The balance of your beef (total cost minus deposit) will be due before pickup. When the meat is packaged, we will email you an invoice for your balance, which you can then pay by credit card or check.
Refer a Friend Program
Want an extra $25 off your final invoice? Refer a friend and have them enter your name when they place their order.
Our beef is sold first come, first served. If the website shows your desired beef amount is out of stock, contact us. We may still have be able to meet your needs if other sizes are in stock.
Josiah and Carmen Garber
Firefly Meadows Farm